The fastest team to complete 874 miles (traditional road route) from Lands End to John O Groats will be declared the winner. They will be given £200 to donate to the charity of their choice
1) Create a team from members of your club. All Team Hallam Clubs are included within the challenge and enter as many members as they want.
2) All members must join the Team Hallam Strava page and fill out the google form for every activity completed for it to count towards to total miles.
3) The race starts on the 18/11/2020 and finishes when the first team reaches John O Groats. If you want to see your clubs distance please send an email to the contacts below or we’ll post regular updates on the webpage and social media
4) Distances will be calculated though the google form in excel to make running and cycling equal. So, the formula that will be used is a 1:4 ratio of running to cycling.
5) Clubs can raise money for a charity of their choice throughout and Team Hallam will donate £200 to the winning clubs chosen charity of choice
6) Any team found to be cheating and not recording activity in the correct way will be disqualified from the challenge
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLUBS:
1) Send the google form to all team members and make sure they are a member of the Team Hallam Strava page
2) Let the members know they need to record activity via Strava and the google form for each activity they do.
3) Promote event on social media using the hashtag #THClubChallenge and tag Team Hallam social media accounts in. Please take pictures and short videos to help promote
4) If clubs want to raise money for charity as well then that is encouraged
Any queries or questions please contact the following:
David Knapton - David.Knapton@shu.ac.uk, 0114 225 4071
Harry Preston - email@example.com